Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Gum

I am addicted to and love gum. I think I was born addicted to gum. I cannot ever remember not chewing it or liking it. I have tried just about every kind, but like the minty kinds the best (I am currently chewing on a nice piece of Sweet Mint gum as I type this post).

Gum is my go-to food. I have to chew it when I run. I know this is mental, but I truly feel like I run and perform better when I have a piece of gum in my mouth. It makes me feel better if I have a high blood sugar. It helps me stay awake on long car rides when I am driving to visit my parents. I could not imagine my life without it.

One of the best parts of gum is that I do not have to count it as any carbs. I like eating low-carb and carb-free foods, and gum fits into this category. One thing I must admit is that I am bias when it comes to my brands. I typically buy either Extra (spearmint, polar ice, or sometimes peppermint to mix it up) or Orbitz (always Sweet Mint). However, today I was at the stores and saw Pomegranate gum. Now, I like Pom Fuze drinks, so I was thinking as I stood in the check-out line, "what would this taste like?" I decided to buy a pack and as I left the store, I threw away my mint-flavored gum and put in the piece of Pomegranate gum. It was a delightful change. I think it will go nicely with my Pom Fuze or other sugar-free juices that I consume on a regular basis.

My other desire is that gum provided me with some type of nutritional value...but oh well, maybe that invention will come in the future. For now, I will sit back and enjoy my delightful piece of Sweet Mint gum. chomp...chomp....chomp...

No comments:

Post a Comment