Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

random Monday thoughts

I changed my CGM for the first time by myself. I must admit that I was nervous at first, just thinking about how much each one costs, but then realized it is so similar to the pump changes and it did not turn out to be a big deal. I got it calibrated fine, however, it gave me some error messages throughout the day on Saturday. All seemed to be working fine by Saturday night, though. I was relieved and am ready for my next change tomorrow morning.

I am going to see my endocrinologist tomorrow. For the first time ever, I am actually looking forward of going to the doctor. I always dreaded going to the doctor because I like to think that I am perfect, and know that in reality, it is not possible to be perfect all of the time. Anyway, I started seeing my current endo. about a year and a half ago. The only other endo. I had was from when I was first diagnosed. I saw her for 20 years and then switched to my current one when I moved to Ohio. He knows his stuff, big time, and is in-tune with the exercise world and the effects it has on the body. My blood sugars are varied in the nighttime for some reason that I cannot figure out. I am hoping he has some good advice for me, although I assume I'll have to do some basal testing for him.

I am also very curious to see what my A1C will be. From junior high through December 2008, it was always in the 5's...from 5.0 to 5.9, although I had my fair share of low blood sugars. In December it was 6.2. I cannot remember the last time it was that high. I wonder what it will be tomorrow. Obviously I would like to see a number in the 5's, but who knows. I'll update tomorrow with the results... My prediction is in the 6's.

Today I was working out and had a short run, even walked a little bit because I was feeling stressed out and sometimes walking just clears my mind. Then I got on the elipticle. I know people who love the elipticle, my uncle being one of them. But for me, the elipticle is not working out. I feel like even though I was on it for a half hour, it did not do much for me. I don't really consider it part of my workout...rather, it is a machine that I can use to get in a few extra minutes of light cardio before leaving. Maybe you have more success with the machine, however, I don't. Tomorrow I plan on getting a solid, hard workout in before hitting the endo. for my late afternoon appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment