Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Stick

Recently, I went to a running store with a friend. She is training for a 5k and wanted to get a new pair of running shoes. I met her there one afternoon and I was late (this is normal for me). By the time I got to the running store, she had already picked out, tried on, and did a test run in her shoes. I wasn't really much of a help.


Before we went to the store I knew I wanted to get The Stick, a message stick for runners. My brother got one a few years ago and I know some other runners who have them that have commented on their usefulness. I decided to purchase a nice, new, red-colored Stick.


I only used my Stick a few times, since I got it in late May and have not been running. However, when I was using it, I liked it. The white, circular tubes around the barrel of the Stick worked well on my leg muscles, especially my calves. I found that it was beneficial to do at night to work out the tension in my muscles from my run that day. The link above states that "The Stick is a must for serious runners." I don't necessarily agree with it, but I think that it definitely helps sore leg muscles. Although, I think it might market better if it was called the Running/Runner's Stick instead of just "The Stick." Just a thought...



No comments:

Post a Comment