Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's All About the Shoes

I enjoy shopping for anything - clothes, shoes, miscellaneous things at Target, even going to the grocery store is enjoyable for me. Luckily, I have some restraint and do not buy everything that I love. If I did, I would be bankrupt. But, I definitely like to get new things, especially running things.

Before Christmas I was due for a new pair of running shoes. I went to a local running store where I know one of the employees and got a new pair. I had worn Saucony shoes for the past five years until he fitted me in Nikes. I have unique feet, with super high arches, bones that are fused together that are not supposed to be, and curled toes. Luckily, I can still wear normal shoes and have not had to get orthopedic shoes yet, and, hopefully I never will need them.

I've been running a lot lately and noticed that my feet would hurt not only during my runs, but after and during the next day. It wasn't the shoes I was teaching in because I was wearing the same ones that I had worn in the past with no problems. I figured it had to be my Nike running shoes.

Today when I went to the gym I did not bring my Nikes with me. Instead, I packed my old Saucony shoes that I wore in the fall in my bag. I wanted to see if that made a different for my feet. After logging 8.5 miles of running and a few of walking today, my feet do not hurt at all. They feel pretty good as they are propped up relaxing right now. For now I'll stick with my Saucony's until I get another pair this weekend. In the meantime, my Nikes might find their way to the shoe donation post to help someone else, because they were definitely hurting me. Happy feet = happy run.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that. i have very flat feet and overpronate. the only ones that work for me are brooks! happy feet DEFINITELY= happy run!

    ReplyDelete