Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sweatiness

I've been running outside many days this summer, and, therefore, enduring the awful heat and humidity the Midwest has endured. Yesterday, though, when I was getting to ready to run in the late afternoon, I had no desire to be out in the hot sun. Instead, I got in my car and drove to the gym and hopped on the treadmill.

My goal was to do 7 miles at 7:50ish pace, and 3 more at whatever pace I could run at in preparation for my 10k on Saturday. I accomplished my first goal, running 7 miles in 55 minutes and realized that I had to get off the treadmill to get some water. I was so thirsty. When I got back on to complete my remaining three miles, my infusion site started to itch. I continued to run, only to realize that the white, round thing that sticks to my skin was coming up. I looked at it and realized it was completely out. My sweatiness had taken its toll on my pump site.

I carry extra pump supplies with me, so I went and put in a new infusion site and all was well again. However, I started thinking about my luck with the adhesive white circles this summer. I have had more of them fall out this summer than ever before. Is it due to the heat and running in it, and sweating in it? I'm thinking that is the reason.

Being a person who is cold 99.9% of the time and who can often be spotted in a jacket or sweatshirt in mid-summer, it is weird to say this, but I am looking forward to some cooler temperatures. You'll probably have to remind me of this statement in another month or two, but right now, a temperature in the 60s or low 70s would be welcomed by me with open arms.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! The sweat always does it for me too. Damn adhesive! At least you are running your tush off! Go girl, go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried spray deoderant before inserting new set?

    ReplyDelete