Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Looking Ahead to 2011...

Are you a goal-setter? I feel like I am always setting and re-setting goals in all areas of my life. With the new year just around the corner, I've made some goals. Here are a few of my goals, which, of course, I hope to accomplish all of them being the perfectionist that I am.

A few 2011 Goals:
  • Run a marathon! This will be the year I will run a marathon. My current plan is to run the Chicago Marathon in October.
  • Run 2 half marathons. I want to run a spring half somewhere to keep me motivated during the winter. Also, I want to run the Quad Cities half again this year. I loved that race and want to do it again.
  • PR. It is wonderful to run and I'm always happy to cross the finish line, but there is something special when I PR. I know I have the ability to PR in a 10k for sure, and am hoping for the same for 5k. I am going to run a St. Patrick's Day 5k so I'm thinking that might be the ideal time. I see speed work in my future this winter. I'd also like to PR in the half, and getting below 1:42 would be ideal.
  • Get more sleep. I've not gotten nearly as much sleep as I should be getting, especially in the past 2 months. I need to go to bed earlier so I can function better during the day. I need to make sleeping a priority.
  • Read, read, read. This summer I read 18 books, but since I've only read 3. I love to read but have not had a lot of time for it lately (see above: get more sleep). I'd like to read 2 books per month in 2011.
  • Appreciate the little things. Sometimes I feel too busy that I don't appreciate all that I have or the things that people do for me.
  • Run with others. On Sunday I ran 11 miles with a friend of mine who is training for a marathon. I can't remember the last time I ran with someone else - probably high school. The miles went by so quickly when running with him.
  • Don't have regrets. Pretty self-explanatory.

Do you have any goals for 2o11?

No comments:

Post a Comment