Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tis the Season for High Blood Sugars

I love Christmas. I love spending time with my family, getting dressed up in ugly sweaters, listening to Christmas music, seeing lights outside, and eating an abundant amount of cookies. However, with my cookie-cravings come high blood sugars. I know I am a very picky eater - I don't like a lot of food, but cookies are something I love. Therefore, when they are everywhere I have a hard time staying away from them. Cake and pie I could care less about and won't touch, but when I see cookies it is a different story.

I am going to try to limit my cookie intake to 1 per meal this year. When I type this it sounds like I am a glutton, but if I only eat 2 cookies per day my blood sugars should be better...I hope. Imagine going to your house to find 10 different kinds of delicious cookies waiting for you to consume them...limiting yourself would be hard, right? Maybe I just need some more will power this holiday season.

Although I've been having high blood sugars, they tend to come down quickly because I've been exercising a lot lately. This week I've logged some major mileage and it has felt good. My times have been good for me which is nice because I didn't think I was in that great of shape. It is always nice to start the year off on the right foot.

Speaking of cookies, do you have a favorite? I love peanut butter and my mom makes these cookies with peanut butter dough and then a peanut butter cup in the center of them. Happy holidays and I hope your blood sugar is going better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment