Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

True to Myself

Do you remember being in middle and high school and following the crowd? Maybe you were strong and did not ever do that, but I did occasionally. I'm an introvert and like to please people, so sometimes it was just easier to go along with the group than say what I really wanted or felt. I know I still sometimes do this, but just because I like to get along with people. I don't like having people not like me. For example, if I read a post on a blog that I don't agree with, I don't need to write it out. I can just think it instead.

This year I've become much more true to myself. If I don't want to do something while around people, I don't. If I do want to do something while around others, I do. I feel that the results of living my life this way have been incredibly beneficial. I've had a pretty good last 5 months of 2010, and December isn't even over yet. I love my friends, have a wonderful class this year, have run well, and just overall really enjoy life. I do what I want to do, and act how I want to act. It is a freeing feeling. I'm living for me, having complete control over what I do, and love it. Now that I type that, it sounds very self-centered and egocentric. Although I'm focusing on being true to myself, I still make room for others, and gladly. Being true to myself has made me less introverted. It has allowed me to love my life, and for that I am grateful.

Are you true to yourself? What benefits have you reaped from being true to yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment