Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome, December

I love the month of December for a multitude of reasons. Below are my top 10 reasons why I love the last month of the year.

  1. The first snow typically falls in December. Today was the first day it snowed here and it was beautiful. I love seeing snow fall.
  2. Since it is the last month, I always reflect on the past year. It helps me remind myself of both the good and bad things that have happened, and allows me to set goals for the next year.
  3. Christmas! I love seeing my family during the holiday.
  4. Christmas cookies. I don't like a ton of desserts, but cookies are by far and away my favorite. Don't you just love the peanut butter flavored dough cups with the miniature peanut butter cup in it?
  5. Giving presents to people. I would much rather give a present than receive one.
  6. Shopping for the presents I am going to give to people. My family is very diverse in terms of what we are interested it, which makes for a variety of shopping stops.
  7. My birthday. This year I'll turn one year older...26 here I come!
  8. Christmas vacation at school. I love my students, but it is nice to get a break from them and relax for a bit.
  9. Christmas music. My personal favorite is Christmas in Killarny by Bing Crosby. I bet you have not ever heard it before, right?
  10. It gives me great joy and hope to look ahead to another year, not knowing what experiences I'll have or be transformed by.
Why do you love December?

1 comment:

  1. You should be ashamed of yourself for not listening to Kenny G and ONLY Kenny G for the holidays.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-iuTcTl9Mk

    (LOL, KENNY G!!!!! FTW!111!!!11!!!11)

    ReplyDelete