Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

2011 Race Schedule

This is the first year I've planned out my race schedule. Normally I just sign up a few weeks/days before the race, depending how good of shape I feel like I am in and what I want to run. I'm excited for my races this year. They are:


Sunday, Feb. 20; Frozen Foot 5k Race; Boulder, CO; 5k
Saturday, March 12; St. Paddy's Day 5k; Naperville, IL; 5k
Sunday, April 17; NCO Spring Ahead; Naperville, IL; 10k or 5k
Saturday, April 30; Illinois Marathon; Champaign-Urbana, IL; Half
Sunday, May 29; Dash to Cure Diabetes; Barrington, IL; 4 mile
Saturday, July 30; Bix 7 Classic; Quad Cities, IA; 7 miles
Monday, Sept. 5; Benefit Classic; Dubuque, IA; Half or 5k
Sunday, Sept. 25; Quad Cities Marathon; Quad Cities, IA - IL; Half
Sunday, October 9; Chicago Marathon; Chicago, IL; Marathon

I also plan on running another half marathon in late March or the first weekend in April. This will most likely be the Chi Town Half Marathon on March 27. I'm also considering doing another race in August back in Iowa and then possibly the Hot Chocolate 15k in Chicago in November again, along the Ragnar NW this summer. I am excited and can't wait to start racing again. It makes me wish I lived in a warm climate so I could race all year long; however, that is not the case in Illinois.

Have you ever completed any of these races? I've run the Benefit Classic (5k) before, Bix, and Quad Cities half marathon, but the rest are new.

1 comment: