Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

So Excited...

I feel like so much has happened since I last blogged. My computer got a virus, but now it is all better. I felt so disconnected from the world without my laptop. Do you ever feel that way too or is it just me?

This year I decided I would record how many miles I run and bike because I want to know, if only for my own information. I've never done it before and love numbers, so I thought it would be a good time to start on January 1st. Below are my stats for the month of January:

  • Running miles: 149.5
  • Biking miles: 143.5
  • Walking miles: 15.45
  • Ellipticle miles: 18.1
  • Stair master miles: 24.4
  • Number of day I lifted weights: 8

Total miles: 350.95

Not too bad!

In other news, I am so excited because I woke up at 1 a.m. on Monday night and I registered for the 2011 Chicago Marathon! If you remember, I was going to run the Quad Cities Marathon this year, but opted to run the half instead due to my iron fiasco this summer. So I'll be making my marathon debut in Chicago and could not be more excited. After waking up at 1, I went back to sleep until 4, when I woke up to go running at the gym. I knew I would not be able to make it there after school on Tuesday due to the snow they were predicting, and I really wanted to run (signing up for a race just makes me want to run), so I went at the ungodly hour of 5 a.m. We ended up getting a fair amount of snow - like 17 inches or something. It is funny how big of a deal everyone is making it out to be. I've lived in Minnesota for 3 years, where this type of precipitation is normal. It is all relative I guess. We've been off school for 2 straight days because of the snow and cold weather, which has been a nice break but not necessary in my opinion.

Have you signed up for any marathons this year? I got up so early because I wanted to make sure I got a spot, especially after what happened with the Boston Marathon this year.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! You'll love it...the spectators, the music to keep you pumped and the many snacks along the way. And if you're interested in joining a charity, consider Stomp Out Stigma. You'll find info about them at http://dbsa-gc.org/chicagomarathon.html

    ReplyDelete