Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Friends

My best friend and I have many similarities, including the love of sports and fitness.  I've been trying to convince her to complete a half marathon ever since we've become friends...7 years ago.  Last night she came to a young adult group I go to and we were able to talk before it started and then again after it was over.  Now, you might assume that since we even teach in the same school, we would talk to each other often.  However, that is not the case.  We rarely see each other. 

She is a person who knows me inside and out.  She knows about events that have impacted my life, my interests, my love of running.  And I know everything about her.  Her friendship is something that I feel truely blessed to have. 

After our coversations last night, we both decided we want to complete a duathlon together this year.  I've been wanting to do one for over a year, but just never managed to find one that fit into my training schedule.  I am pretty knowledgeable about upcoming running races and duathlons in Iowa and Illinois so we have it narrowed down to a couple.  When we have it figured out, I'll be sure to post it.  We are seriously considering one based on the awesomeness of the name alone. 

In preparation for an upcoming duathlon, my friend convinced me to get up early on my spring break and go to spinning class with her at the gym we both belong to.  It was okay, but one thing I realized is that the music they play during it and the personality of the instructor make a big impact on the workout for me.  If I would have heard the instructor go "yee haw!" one more time, I was going to punch her.  So, so, so annoying.  But, I am glad I did it. 

I'm off to Iowa for a few days to visit with my family, relax, and be pampered.  There is always something nice about going to the place where you grew up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment