Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Just Like a Baby

When I stop to analyze my life, I am like a baby in more ways than I wish to admit. Given that this weekend was daylight savings time (spring forward), meaning that I lost an hour of sleep, my routine was thrown off. I, like a baby, need 8+ hours of sleep a night to function well. This is especially true for me when I am in the midst of training, which is true for me right now. One would not think that an hour difference would be a huge deal, but my body clock has been out of sorts all day. Not only did I not get my 8 hours last night, my eating times were different than what I accustomed to. The good thing, though, is that in a week or so I'll be back to normal, just in time for my half. Speaking of the half, I need to get back into training for it.

I told myself that I must run 9 or 10 miles tomorrow or else.....my time will suffer. I did a lot of speed and tempo work leading up to my 5k, which is great, but my distance has not been where I want it. Tomorrow I will do a long run. I'm feeling like it is "now or never" time. Ah!

Today I just ran 5 miles at a 7:30 pace, but felt sluggish. Tomorrow I'll be doing my long run at 7:53/mile pace, which is much slower than usual, but I just want to get the miles in.

Do you need 8 or more hours of sleep to function well? There is a joke in my family that if the females are tired and hungry then we are not pleasant to be around. It is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment