Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Three Things Thursday, Handwriting Edition

Welcome to the Three Things Thursday: Handwriting Edition. I recently saw on some blogs a handwriting meme going around and thought it would be interesting to share.

1. Everyone thinks teachers should have really good handwriting. Now I feel that is not so much the case because this wonderful invention called a computer or better yet - Smartboard! - has been implemented in schools. Now all of the notes my students take in class are typed because I can do that much faster than write.

2. I like to print much more than I like cursive. I think my printing is neat. I've been told it looks like "teacher handwriting." Do you agree?


3. Is there a point to cursive anymore? I suppose for a signature, but then all that really has to be in scribbles. I do not make my students write in cursive, as I don't enjoy it. Below is my cursive for you to see.




In case you are wondering, these are the 7 things on the meme:

1. What's your name/blogger name?
2. What's your blog URL?
3. Write "The quick fox jumps over the lazy dog."
4. Favorite quote?
5. Your favorite song?
6. Your favorite band/singers?
7. Anything else you want to say?
8. Tag 3-5 other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment