Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

What counts as a workout?

I'm a firm believer that in order to count something as a workout, I must sweat.  I always sweat when I run, so it is always a workout.  The ellipticle and biking....most of the time.  Rec league volleyball....not so much.

I can remember when I was in college meeting up with some friends to play some volleyball one night.  I had run beforehand and one of the girls that was playing said that she was counting volleyball as her workout for the day.  I know if you play "real" volleyball, it truly is a workout.  However, rec league, not really in my mind. 

This weekend, I successfully completed 5 workouts, plus three games of rec league volleyball.  Saturday's workouts - three of them - all involved running (9 miles total for the day).  My middle one also involved lifting and other cardio.  Today's workouts - two - involved running 12 miles in the morning and then biking and doing some other cardio work a little later prior to volleyball. 

What does this mean?  I am exhausted right now and am going to crawl into bed and sleep for a long time - or until 5:37 when my alarm goes off. 

Tomorrow I'm also going to the endo....which always makes me nervous.  I have constantly reminded myself this weekend that I like my endo and there is nothing to be afraid of.  I am hoping to raise my A1C (yes, you just read that correctly).  I think I am the only type 1 who hopes this. 

Hope your weekend was wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment