Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Last Run Done

Yesterday was my last training run before the Rockford Half Marathon on Sunday.  I'm excited as I could be, and feel like I've prepared myself well.  One major difference in training for this half and all of my previous half marathons is that I did all of my long runs outside, as opposed to on the treadmill.  Hopefully this will benefit me come Sunday. 

My last run went well:

But, it was hot.  It has been in the 90s here...but race day temps are supposed to be 39 degrees.  Hopefully my body can adjust accordingly.


Last run = done!

I'm done running until the race.  My legs have been feeling tired, so I think it is good that I am taking 2 days to taper, instead of 1 or 0, as I've done in past races. 

I've been trying to take extra good care of my feet and legs.  I'm about ready to lose another toe nail, the same one that fell out 3 or 4 times last summer....I lost track after awhile!  The past two days I've worn shoes to work.


The Stick has become one of my BFFS this week.



And, I've been trying to keep hydrated.
Lots of water and Greater Than...the best drink ever.


 And...race day inspiration can be found in various places.







I plan on posting the remaining topics for Diabetes Blog Week within the next few days. 

Only 1 day, 13 hours, 47 minutes and 12 seconds left before the race!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment