Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August Recap

Where, oh where, did August go?  If you know, please tell me.  Although I'm enjoying my new class, I greatly miss sleeping in every morning.  August was a good month, but I'm thinking September will be even better.

August Running/Work Out Stats:

Running Miles: 172 *Most of the year
Biking Miles: 73
Walking Miles: 18
Elliptical Miles: 23.9
Stair Master Miles: 0.8
Weights: 6 days

* * * * *

Book of the Month: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.  This was my favorite Hunger Games book by far - I loved it. 

Song of the Month: Falling In by Lifehouse

Drink of the Month: Coffee.  I need a warm drink to consume in the morning because I am always so cold, no matter what the temperature is outside. 

Current Wish List: To be miraculously cured of my awful cold before Monday morning when I race.  But, I also want a hook to hang all of my medals on. 

Triumph of the Month: I think I've had a few triumphs, including my first 20-mile training run for Chicago and PR in both the 5k and 8k distance.

Current Bane of my Existence: Other teachers not doing their job correctly and having to do their work for them because they don't know how or are clueless.

Current Blessing: Being injury-free during marathon training.

Current Excitement: I am running in a hilly half marathon on Labor Day with my brother, who has offered to pace me.  My legs are feeling the best they've felt in a long time and I am excited to run the race.  My parents ran the same race when they were engaged.  My dad ran the whole race, but my mom had to stop to walk up one of the hills around mile 8, which my brother and I always give her a hard time for.  They ran in the very first half marathon; this year it will be year 34.  Unfortunately my parents don't remember their times...although I would be really interested in finding out.

Current Indulgence: Peanut Butter Panda Puffs Cereal.  I am not a cereal person, but randomly bought this cereal at Whole Foods last week and love it.  So good!

Goal for September: I am starting to feel like a broken record....run in the 1:30s for my upcoming half marathon. 

How was your August?  Do you love any cereal?  Growing up I didn't like eating cereal for breakfast, and still rarely eat it.  However, Panda Puffs at night is great. 

1 comment: