Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Three Things Thursday

It has been a busy week to say the least.  I feel like my head would've fallen off if had not been attached this week (quote stolen from a very good friend).  If you see one rolling around, please pick it back up for me.  That would be helpful, very helpful.

1.  I'm trying to get mentally ready to run 22 miles on Sunday.  If I can prepare mentally, I know it will go well.  Physically, I am there.  It is all mental with me.  It is the last long run before the actual marathon, which is both exciting and terrifying at the same time.  How come time moves so quickly?!?

2.  I was trying to explain to my students that running 26.2 miles takes hours to do, not minutes.  I attempted to explain that the distance was close to running from the suburb where I teach into downtown Chicago.  I think that helped a little. 

3.  Tonight was Parent Orientation at school.  There is nothing like repeating my little speech 3 times in a row.  Luckily, the parents were cooperative and listened.  Sometimes they act worse than the students.  They were supportive and asked quality questions.  They actually gave me compliments.  Hopefully it is going to be a good year. 

Are you as tired this week as I am?

2 comments:

  1. OMG, yes! So tired. I work in a lab, and I'm in the middle of a couple of projects that I'm helping other researchers with. Well, they all decided to go on vacation this week, so I'm doing all the work for everybody. Seriously, I haven't sat down at my desk all week until the 6th hour of work...... Ahhh.

    Only a few more long runs left it looks like! Can't wait to hear about your marathon! Keeping the mind busy is the hardest part.

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we are kind of on the same training schedule. The one I'm following was made up for the Chicago marathon but I'm running Niagara Falls which is the following weekend. Ergo, I'm a week behind and next weekend is my scheduled 35k (22mi) run. It is very much mental for me. I spend a couple days before those long runs mentally preparing myself. Get some rest.. it's friday!

    ReplyDelete