Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Going Gluten-Free

After some thought, I decided I wanted to change my diet and try to eat gluten free.  There were a few reasons for my decision.  First, one of my best friends can't eat gluten.  I wanted to be in solidarity with her, if only for a few months, and really know what it is like to expierence this.  I can only imagine how challenging it is to not be able to eat whatever your heart desires. 

Secondly, I have heard that it is truely a heathlier diet.  Althgough I feel like I eat a fairly healthy diet, there is definitely room for improvement.  I've been consuming one too many Clif bars recently because they are easy to eat, don't hurt my stomach, and conventient.  So are apples.  I need to change my habits.

I am currnetly in the "phasing out of my gluten-filled food with gluten-free food" stage.  So far it hasn't been that difficult, but I am onyl a week or so into the experience, and still enjoying some gluten-filled food. 

The ultimate goal of this experience is to become healthier and have more energy.  Those will hopefully improve the quality of my training.  I think the most challenging part will be when going out to eat.  I will miss my Panera bagels. 

Do you eat a specialized diet? 

1 comment:

  1. I don't enjoy GF but I do what I have to do to feel better. I like that you are wanting to try this out whether it is a permanent decision or not. It's definitely harder and GF options are often higher in carbs. Let me know how it goes, I'm curious how it effects a non celiac.

    ReplyDelete