Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

What I've Been Up To

It seems like forever since I've posted anything on my blog, but really its only been 2 weeks.  Time goes too quickly.

Since the beginning of June, a few things have happened.

  1. I ran a 5k and had a personal worst.  That is right, it was the slowest 5k that I've ever run.  I ran faster after not running because of a stress fracture than I ran in this race.  It didn't help that I went into it with lofty goals, didn't know the course, and had a week of 100% fast miles.  My poor time was due to a few things: having to run on small boulders for 0.75 mile of the course, a massively steep incline at mile 2.5, an incline (but smaller) from 2.5 to the finish, and a course that measured 3.25 miles long on my Garmin.  But that is not all.  There was an 8k race that started before the 5k.  The 5k, scheduled to start 10 minutes after the 8k, got delayed because "there are some serious runners in the 8k race that are concerned about their times."  When I heard this, I thought great, I get to run around the slower runners for the first mile or so.  And that is exactly what happened.  But here's the good thing.  As sucky as that race was, it didn't affect me too much.  Awful races make the good ones that much more sweet.  Plus, 5ks are plentiful.  I can run as many as I want.
  2. School is out for the summer.   I could not be happier!  I was exhausted by the end of the school year and am in dire need of some time away from 10 and 11 year-olds.  I'll be tutoring some this summer and working a lot of some school things.
  3. I ran the Madison to Chicago Ragnar Relay on an ultra team (6 people) this past weekend.  I'll be doing another post specifically related to it soon.  We got 2nd place for female ultra teams.  I had 60 "kills".  Needless to say, it was 30 hours of fantastic running for me.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about your Ragnar experience! It sounds like it was fantastic!

    I am not quite as excited as you are that school's out :)

    ReplyDelete