Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Medical Miracle

When I stopped running 10 days ago, I thought I would need more insulin.  I wasn't sure how much more I would need, I was confident in my assumption.  However, my body has surprised me once again.  Since I've stopped running, my insulin needs have actually decreased thus far.  How this is possible is something I do not understand.  I've changed my basal rate so it is lower in the afternoon, the time of day that I was having the majority of my low blood sugars.  I've started to eat a snack before working out and not blousing at all for it.  I've woken up with numbers that I like seeing more days in a row than I can remember.

I can honestly say that I do not understand my body at all right now.  Maybe the rest I'm giving it is healing other things, too.  Perhaps I'll be cured of my diabetes come August 1st, as well as have new cartilage in my knee, no pain in my entire left leg, and have stronger bones?  I'll be a medical miracle.

In the meantime, I'll continue to dream....

No comments:

Post a Comment