Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Reviewing Week 4 of Being Injured

In case you are new to this series, here are the other posts:


Week 4 looked like this....

Biking Miles: 99
Elliptical Miles: 32
Walking Miles: 5
Days I Lifted Weights: 2
1 mile on the stair master machine

I am excited that...there are only 2 more days in the month of July.  I love July because it is the only month where there is no school.  

I've already planned...my first run on August 1.  I've been looking forward to August 1st ever since July 2nd.  I'll be running with one of my friends and training partners for 3 miles.  To say that I'm excited, happy, and overjoyed would be an understatement.  

It'll be a challenge...to not run 5 miles every day for the first week back to running.  I need to remember that I have virtually no running base right now, and don't want to get another injury because of doing something stupid.  

In August I'm going to....ride my first century bike ride.  That means I'll be riding my bike 100 miles.  One thing I love about biking is that I don't feel like I need to be in great biking shape in order to ride far.  I've done a few long rides in July and hope to continue to do a few more in August, but if not, oh well.  I'll still ride in the century, and will finish it.  I'm too determined and stubborn not to finish it.  

Also in August...I'm going to attempt to blog every single day.  It is something that I have wanted to do for a while, and think it is a good time to do so.  Want me to blog about something specific?  Tell me, and I'll most likely do it.  

Last week...my mom came to visit.  No matter how old I get, I will never tire of my mom coming to visit me.  Although I didn't work out as much as I wanted because she was here, I'd take spending time with her than at the gym any day.    

I'm currently loving...that the Olympics are going on.  In my mind, I could totally be an olympian.  In reality, not so much.  

I feel...like I've made a complete recovery.  August 1 will tell me if my thoughts are real.  

I will still...run a fall half marathon, or two.  

I'm currently losing...the medal race my friend and I are having.  We are in a friendly competition to see who can accumulate the most hardware from running this year.  This month he surpassed my total.  He has registered for numerous fall races, including I believe 2 full marathons and 5 half marathons.  I'll most likely lose the battle, but I am going to fight and try to get some more hardware before the year is over.  

Only two more days until the Newton's get laced up again...


No comments:

Post a Comment