Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Colorado Trip - Post #1

Last Friday morning I packed my bags and headed to the airport in Iowa to end up in Colorado later that day.  I flew from Iowa to Chicago to Dallas/Fort Worth to Colorado because it was cheaper than flying from Chicago by $200, a significant amount in my mind.  


I arrived in Colorado early evening and had a nice, relaxing night.  Before the trip, one thing I was somewhat concerned with was my brother's dog.  I do not like animals, especially dogs.  However, I can now say I've met a dog that I like.  His name is Buddha and he is the best dog in the world.  


Buddha loves people that pet him, human food, especially tortilla chips, and follows directions to "sit" as well as "sit pretty."  He is also too fat to jump on people, but can wag his tail with great might.  Best.  Dog.  Ever.

Saturday morning we got up and went on a 4 mile hike to the top of Mount Garfield.  


I hiked to the top of this mountain, and was mighty proud of myself for making it all the way.  That was only the start of the day... 

No comments:

Post a Comment