Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Running and Happiness

This past week I was sick.  Not just a little sick, but majorly sick.  This is the second time in the past month that I've been feeling bad.  Due to this, I only ran on 3 miles on Wednesday and 4 on Thursday. I think that qualifies as a major taper week.  On Saturday I finally felt good enough to run outside, and was so happy.  I met my friend for the last 8 miles of her 16-miler and it could not have been better.

The weather felt so warm compared to what we have been having - it was 35* and sunny.  And the 8 miles went by quickly.  After I finished I was so happy, a happiness that remained with me for the rest of the day.

Running is not only good for my body, but just as good for my soul.  It is something that brings joy and happiness to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment